We are currently hiring a Communications Coordinator.
The Shenandoah National Park Trust seeks an AmeriCorps – VISTA member to serve as our Communications Coordinator. Our VISTA will work directly with our fundraising staff and Executive Director to develop a suite of communication pieces highlighting our programs–ranging from environmental protection to youth education to scientific research. These communiques will be used to engage current and potential donors and partners.
Additionally, our VISTA member will serve as liaison between the Trust and veterans organizations. In this capacity, our VISTA will identify opportunities to develop programs in Shenandoah National Park to serve veterans’ needs.
This is an excellent opportunity for a VISTA who is conservation-minded and is eager to build communication skills in a sophisticated nonprofit organization.
- Develop relationships with veterans groups
- Identify unmet needs among veterans that Shenandoah National – Park could serve
- Manage the Trust’s Communications Calendar
- Maintain the Trust’s social media
- Write e-newsletters and other donor communication pieces
- Write press releases
- Write grant proposals and foundation reports
- Assist with donor and public education events
We close the office a few times a year for staff hikes in Shenandoah National Park, and we provide opportunities to engage with Park Rangers and participants in the programs we fund.
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Project management
- Personable; strong interpersonal skills
- Nimbleness; can effectively cope with change; can shift gears comfortably
- Respects the mission of the National Park Service
HOW TO APPLY
This is an AmeriCorps – VISTA position. AmeriCorps determines the compensation package. Please do not send application materials to the Shenandoah National Park Trust. Apply here: AmeriCorps https://my.americorps.gov/mp/listing/publicRequestSearch.do
On the drop down, choose these options:
PROGRAM TYPE: AmeriCorps VISTA
PROGRAM NAME: Communications Coordinator